[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
Everybody loves Baked cheese pasta in my house. My mother-in-law taught me this recipe. You can add a variety of vegetables and herbs as per your taste or liking. You can even add boiled chicken to it.
Kids love it a lot as it is not very spicy. It is one of the most nutritious food you can make for your kid and his parties. Give it a try.
- Vegetables – 2 cups cooked (French beans, green peas, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, sweet corns, black pitted olives and so on)
- Penne/Elbow pasta – 2 cups cooked
- Cheese mozzarella/processed – Generous portion
- Salt to taste
- Hot and sweet sauce – 1 tbsp
- White sauce – approx one and half cup
- Butter – as needed
- All purpose flour – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – if available else use plain water
- Heat a sauce pan on medium flame and put the all purpose flour into it.
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn.
- Once the colour changes slightly take it of the flame and add vegetable stock and keep on stirring it to avoid lumps.
- Again, keep the sauce pan on medium flame and stir it till it becomes thick.
- Add some salt and black pepper while stirring.
- Switch off the flame, keep the saucepan aside and let it cool.
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- Once the white sauce is done then its all about mixing and baking.
- In a mixing bowl, add the boiled vegetables, white sauce, pasta, hot and sweet/chilly sauce and mix it very gently so that you don’t break the pasta.
- Grease the baking tin with butter and spread a layer of the above mixture followed by a layer of cheese. This way fill the baking tray and on the top again add some more cheese.
- Preheat the oven on high temperature and keep the pasta inside till you see the cheese on top turning golden brown.
- Serve hot.
- Make sure the pasta and vegetables are not over cooked.
- Make sure the pasta doesn’t break while mixing as it will make your dish look really bad.
- For a party keep everything ready except baking. Before the party just pour the layers and bake the pasta.
- Be careful while doing white sauce. If it burns a little, it will give your dish bad smell. If this happens, throw it away and the white sauce again.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]