[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]
- Wheat flour – 2 to 3 bowls
- Salt – to taste
- Water – as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Take the wheat flour and add a pinch of salt to taste and add water as required.
- Make soft dough from the mixture.
- Cover the dough for around 15 mins so that it becomes soft.
- Now, make small balls from the dough as shown.
- With the help of dry flour and a roller make flat and round shaped chapatis.
- The rolled chapatis should be very thin. Further they should be equally flat through out the whole surface. Otherwise, they will not puff.
- Put the rolled chapati on a hot pan.
- Turn it upside down when it is half cooked.
- Now, when this side is fully cooked again turn it upside down.
- With a piece of cloth slightly press the edges of the chapati and keep rotating it in one direction.
- Do this till the Chapati is fully puffed.
- Remove the chapati from the pan and apply some oil or ghee.
- Serve hot.
- The video shows the exact way of making Phulka. But, if you are not comfortable to do it as shown, you can follow the above procedure as well. The results will be same.
You can eat chapati (poli) with dry as well as gravy vegetables. You can also make quick snacks out of it. Have you look at the Quick Bites category.