[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Refined flour (Maida) – 3 cups
- Semolina (Rawa Bareek / Suji) – 3/4 cup
- Cornflour – 1/2 cup
- Clarified butter (Sajuk thup) – 1 cup approx
- Powdered Sugar (Pithee sakhar) – 1/2 kg
- Refined oil – as needed
- Food colours – any
Procedure for Satha (butter spread)
- Blend the clarified butter thoroughly till it becomes creamy white. You can also do it with your hand.
- Now take cornflour in a bowl then start adding butter spread to it till it becomes a thick paste. Do not use blender for this.
- Do this slowly and keep aside.
Procedure for Chirote
- Sieve the refined flour twice and then take it in a big bowl for further procedure.
- Mix refined flour, rawa, a pinch of salt and 2 tbsp of very hot clarified butter altogether.
- Now knead it in a medium soft dough using water and keep aside for at least 4 – 5 hours in a air tight container.
- Make 6 big even balls and then add colours to it. As per your choice.
- Now roll them in 6 big chapatis and then spread the above butter spread (satha) evenly on one side of it.
- Apply a very fine layer, it helps stick chapatis together.
- Keep all the rolled chapatis on each other after applying the butter spread between them and roll them together.
- Make sure you roll them tightly.
- Cut the roll into small pieces as you can see in the picture.
- Sprinkle some flour on your platform and then place the small piece on it. Keep in mind that the joint of the roll should be at the bottom.
- Press it slightly slanting towards one side and then roll a bit in a round shape.
- Keep oil in a skillet to heat on a medium flame.
- Now fry all chirote on medium flame till they becomes crisp.
- Remove them on a kitchen roll and sprinkle powdered sugar (pithee sakhar) on it a lot.
- Store it in a air tight container after cooling.
- The more you make the chapatis thin, the crispier will be the chirota.
- No need to roll all the 6 chapatis together. You can divide them and roll 3 chapatis and make 1 roll. This way you will get 2 rolls and more chirote.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]