[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]
- Coconut – 1 big (grated)
- Onion – 5 – 6 big
- Oil – 5-6 tbsp
- First take the onions, cut them into halves and slice them.
- Keep a saucepan (kadai) on medium flame and pour the cooking oil in it.
- You’ll need to use your judgment while pouring the oil into the saucepan (kadai) as too much oil can spoil the masala.
- Once the oil becomes hot, put sliced onions into it and stir them well till they become golden brown.
- Then, add the grated coconut in it and again stir the mixture continuously so as to avoid burning the masala.
- Keep stirring the mixture till it becomes golden brown and the texture becomes dry.
- Allow the masala to cool and then grind it into a thick paste.
- Add water only if required.
This masala can be used in many recipes to make gravy. You’ll see this masala used in many recipes on my blog later.