- Parboiled rice – 2 cups
- Regular rice – 2 cups
- Urad dal (Split Black Gram) -2 cups
- Methi seeds (Fenugreek seeds) – 1/2 tspn
- Cooked rice – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Procedure for the batter
- Soak all the ingredients except salt and cooked rice for the whole day.
- Now grind all the ingredients together into a fine paste and keep it all night covered for fermenting.
How to prepare the Dosa?
- Heat a griddle and spread few drops of oil with an onion. [Slice an onion into half and use it]
- Spread the batter with a round spoon evenly forming a thin layer.
- Spray few drops of oil again on the dosa and keep the flame medium.
- After few minutes the dosa will start loosening from the sides automatically.
- When you see that the upper side is cooked properly, roll the dosa and serve it with sambar and chutney.