This is a typical Maharashtrian Bhaaji (Vegetable) which you can have with Chapati (Phulka), Bread or with Rice if you want. It is very easy to prepare and sometimes when you don’t have any other vegetables in the fridge just go for it. Especially people who live abroad have limitations in vegetable markets and also in recipes so they can definetly try this. Go for it and let me know, did i solve your problem?
- Tomatoes (Tomato) – 4 medium finely chopped
- Onions (Kanda) – 4 medium finely chopped
- Vegetable or Olive Oil (Tel) – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (Sakhar) – 1 tbsp
- Mix Masala – 2-3 tbsp
- Musturd Seeds (Moharee) – 1 tspn
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) – 1 tspn
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 1/4 tspn
- Turmeric (Halad) – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander leaves (Kothimbeer) finely chopped (optional)
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Heat a skillet (kadhai) with oil in it (don’t heat till it starts smoking).
- Add musturd seeds they will pop, then add cumin seeds, asafoetida, turmeric and saute on low flame.
- Now add onions and stir fry for a min then allow it to cook covered until they become translucent.
- Then add mix masala, sugar, salt and mix well. Cover with a lid.
- When you see oil accumulated on the sides of the mixture it is time to add the tomatoes.
- Again stir fry for a min add a bit water and cook it covered for 10 mins.
- Now simmer this mixture for atleast 10 – 15 min add water in between if needed.
- Then turn off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
You can also add potato if you like.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]