Sabudana thalipeeth is a traditional recipe for upwas. You will definetly love the taste and especially teenagers love as it is very spicy and aromatic dish. In India it is very famous and common as well especially in Maharashtra.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Sabudana (Sago) – 2 bowls
- Ground Nuts (roasted and ground) – ½ bowl
- Potato (Peeled and grated) – 1 bowl
- Red Chilly Powder – 2 ½ tspns
- Salt to taste
- Oil as per requirement
- Butter to serve with
- Soak sabudana (sago) 8 hours before the preparation is done, as we do it in sabudana khichadi.
- In a bowl take sabudana with all the other ingredients excluding oil and butter.
- Splash some water in it (water helps in binding the ingredients together).
- Make soft-dough ready.
- Grease a tawa (griddle) properly and start flattening a ball of soft-dough in a round shaped .
- It should be evenly spread on the tawa(griddle); make your hand wet or apply oil on palms while doing this.
- With the use of a finger make small 3-4 holes on it and put few drops of oil in it.
- Cook it over a medium flame covered.
- It takes 10 min to make one side crispy, remove lid, allow the moisture to dry.
- Then, carefully turn the side of the thalipeeth and again cook it for 10 min on low flame (without the lid).
- Now garnish it with a cube of butter.
- Serve hot with curd.
Tips: Grease the griddle properly or else the thalipeeth can get stuck to it. If you are using non-stick pan then the possibility of getting stuck is less. While kneading the dough apply oil to your palms and please go through the video first before starting this recipe. It will help you to understand the procedure.
And please let me know what you think of my my upwas recipes. I would like to read your comments, suggestions, anything at all.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]