[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]
- Dhane (Coriander Seeds) – 50 gm
- Bedgi Mirchi (Dry red chilly) – 10 gm
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 5 gm
- Urad Dal (Split black lentils) – 10 gm
- Harbara Dal (Bengal gram) whole – 10 gm
- Kali Miri (Black pepper corn) – 2-3 gm
- Methi (Fenugreek seeds) – 1 tspn
- Hing (Asafoetida) – 1 tspn
- Mohoree (Musturd seeds) – 10 gm
- Keep a small pan (Kadhai) on medium flame.
- Put 2 drops of oil (if needed) and roast all the spices one by one.
- Check the colour of spices; it is ready when it turns slightly brown.
- Now keep it aside for cooling.
- Grind all the spices together in a mixer grinder to make a fine powder.
- You can make this masala freshly also to give your Sambar a nice aroma.
If you are preparing it in a big amount then preserve it in a air tight (glass) jar.