[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Yam (Suran) – 250 gm (thick sliced)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Tikhat) – 2 tbsps
- Salt to taste
- Flour made for fast (Upwas Bhajani) – as needed (easily available is market)
- Oil as needed – for frying
- Ginger paste/grated (Ala/adrak) – 1/2 tspn
- Coriander (Kothimbeer) – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- Yam has a sour taste and sometimes it is also itchy so we have to follow these instructions before starting the recipe.
- Peel and wash yam before cutting it into thick slices.
- Sprinkle some salt and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- It will become soft and will start releasing water which is to be thrown away.
- Wipe the chips with kitchen roll and thoroughly marinate them with the above ingredients.
- Roll the chips in the flour (bhajani) and then deep/ shallow fry them on a pan/griddle.
- Cook them covered for 5 mins then turn them up side down and again cook for 5 mins uncovered.
- Make them golden brown.
- I prefer shallow fry to avoid excess intake of oil but if you want them to be more crispier then deep fry them.
- Serve hot.
- Same procedure and ingredients you can also do Potato/ Sweet potato/Raw banana Chips which can be also eaten for upwas/fast.
- The 3rd point is applicable only for suran (yam).
- If you have less time then you can also cook those yam chips for 10 mins with salt and kokam (mangosteen 4-5) in it. Drain and follow the above procedure.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]