Thecha (Kharda) is a kind of chutney which is actually prepared by poor people living in villages but, it is very tasty and can be used in different recipes to enhance the taste.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Coriander leaves (Kothimbeer) – 2 bowls (cut into big pieces)
- Green Chillies (Mirchi) – 100 gms
- Garlic cloves (Lasun) – 1/2 bowl (smashed)
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 tspn
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- Heat 1 tspn oil in a skillet (kadhai) on medium flame.
- Roast washed green chillies. (prick them with fork)
- Stir continuosly till they become soft and have brown spots on them.
- Take it off the flame and grind garlic cloves, coriander leaves, salt to taste and the chillies.
- Grind this mixture into a coarse paste. (Do not make a fine paste)
- Serve it with any meal.
- To enhance the taste you can also add crushed roasted groundnuts.
We should prick the chillies with fork so they won’t pop. Keep it in an air tight container and freeze it. This recipe can be used in various ways as spreads on chapati, bread or making sandwich or in meals.
A mixture of curd and thecha also tastes good.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]