[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
First time I saw this recipe on a TV show… We all loved it so much that I decided to try it once. Looks very delicious and tastes great. It was worth all the efforts and time I put into it.
- Lasagna strips – as much you need
- Pizzata (pizza sauce):
- Tomato – 1 kg blanched and crushed (without skin)
- Garlic (lasun) – 1/2 small bowl
- Chilly flakes as per your requirement
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 big sliced
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Basil leaves dry or fresh
- White sauce:
- Plain flour (maida) – 4 tbsp
- Salted butter – 4 tbsp
- Half Onion (small) – finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper as per taste
- Milk – 3 and 1/2 cup
- Bay leaf – 1 small
- Cloves – 3-4
- Black pepper – 3-4
- Vegetables as per your choice:
- Mushrooms (optional)
- Onions cut in big square pieces
- Capsicums all colours
- Baby corns or sweet corns (half boiled)
- Grilled chicken (optional)
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
Procedure Lasagna Strips
- Lasagna strips should be cooked according to instructions on the box (Same as you cook your pasta).
- After removing them from water place them on a greased tray and drizzle some oil on them so that they don’t stick to each other.
Procedure for Pizzata (pizza sauce)
- Heat olive oil in a pan put lots of garlic (don’t burn), add onions.
- Saute till it becomes soft and turns golden.
- Now put some chilly flakes or chilly powder and then the blanched tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 15 mins season with salt and pepper.
Procedure for White Sauce
- Take butter in a sauce pan, drizzle few drops of vegetable oil. (The oil will prevent the butter from burning).
- Add a bay leaf, cloves and black pepper; stir well following onions.
- Saute onions well till it softens or gets translucent, then add the flour (maida).
- Stir the flour over a low flame. If it changes colour on high flame it will not serve the purpose to avoid lumps later.
- When you see the colour change slowly add milk and keep stirring. You can use egg beater.
- Cook continuously stirring on a low flame till you get a thick sauce.
- In the end finish it up with salt and pepper.
- Keep aside for cooling.
How to get it ready for oven
- In a ceramic tray spread some pizzata then lasagna strips single layer.
- Again spread some pizzata . Place vegetables and cover them with white sauce.
- Grate some processed cheese or spread some cheese slices.
- Keep making layers in this sequence till the tray is full.
- Cover it with lots of cheese and keep the tray in oven.
- In microwave full power for at-least 40 mins or till a nice crust is formed.
- Enjoy this wonderful and colourful dish and don’t forget to send me a note…… 🙂
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]