Skip to content
- Parboiled rice (ukada tandul) – 1 cup
- Urad dal – 1 cup
- Regular rice – 1 cup
- Fenugreek (methi) seeds – 1 tsp
- Cooked rice – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak all the ingredients (except salt and cooked rice) for the whole day.
- Grind everything into a coarse paste. Don’t use too much water.
- The consistency should be like cake batter.
- Add salt as per taste and let it rest for a night to ferment. Bowl should be double the size of batter and covered.
- Next day morning it’s ready .
- Apply oil to a hot griddle with an onion [Slice an onion into half and use it].
- Spread the batter, sprinkle few drops of oil and cover it with a lid.
- When you see bubbles on the top, Flip it.
- A minute later when it turns golden, it’s ready!
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.