Bhadang is a snack which can be made very quickly and can be eaten at anytime, especially with tea. It can be spiced up with onions, coriander leaves and a squeeze of lemon juice for a change. But for this you have to prepare bhadang. Let me have your comments.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Puffed Rice (Churmura, Kurmura, Murmura) – 3 big bowls (heaped)
- Garlic Cloves (Lasun) – 6 – 7 big cloves (sliced)
- Red Chilli Powder (Lal Tikhat) – 2 tspn
- Musturd Seeds (Moharee) – 1 tspn (flat)
- Metkut – 3 tbsp (Optional)
- Turmeric (Halad) – 1 tspn (flat)
- Curry Leaves (Karipatta) – 3 strings
- Salt to taste
- Oil (Tel) – 3 – 4 tbsp
- Sugar (Sakhar) – 1 tbsp
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- Heat oil in a deep big skillet add musturd seeds, curry leaves, turmeric, garlic stir fry for a minute.
- Now, add puffed rice and other remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir fry on a low flame for about 5 to 10 mins until the puffed rice is fully coated and becomes crispy.
- After cooling keep it in a air tight container. Garlic and curry leaves can be eaten as a part of bhadang, but if you want you can separate it.
- You or your kids can make instant bhel from it – add chopped onions, tomatoes, coriander leaves, sev / farsan (optional) and squeeze a lemon.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]