This is very traditional dish from my native place – Konkan. You will find many dishes on my blog are from konkan. It is very tangy and spicy full of coconut juice. This kokam kadhi is served generally with mutton/chicken dishes. Try it and let me know.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Grated Coconut (Naral) – 1 full
- Green Chillies (Mirchi) – 2-3
- Coriander Leaves (Kothimbeer) – 3 tbsps (finely chopped)
- Garlic Cloves (Lasun) – 2-3
- Mangosteen (Kokam/Amsul) – 5-6
- Salt to taste
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- Grind coconut, green chillies, coriander leaves and garlic cloves together.
- Now, take the whole juice out of this coconut and throw away the remainings.
- Take it in a serving bowl and add mangosteen, salt and mix well. (After adding rub mangosteen a bit)
- Serve with rice.
- You can change the quantity of chilli and salt as per your taste.
- Add water and take out the juice completely.
- At the end dry coconut powder will remain which has no taste at all.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]