This is a maharashtrian snack. It is also eaten on special occassions. You will definitely like the taste of this as it is spicy, tangy very chatpata kind of dish.
[ad#Google Adsense Horizontal Links]
- Coriander Leaves (A bunch of Kothimbeer) – 1 big (finely chopped)
- Garam Masala (Indian) – 3 tbsps
- Tamarind (Chincha) – lemon size ball
- Jaggery (Gul) – lemon size ball
- Green Masala (Indian) – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder (Tikhat) – 3 tbsps
- Coriander Seeds (Dhane) + Cumin Seeds (Jeera) Powder – 1 tbsp
- Onion Sliced (Kanda) – 1 (Fried)
- Sesame Seeds (Til) – 1 tspn
- Carom Seeds (Ova) – 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric Powder (Halad) – 1 tspn
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed (Frying)
- Gram Flour (Besan/chanyachya daliche pith) – as needed
[ad#Google Adsense In Between]
- In a small bowl half filled with water soak jaggery + tamarind for half an hour.
- Take all ingredients except gram flour in a big bowl and mix well.
- Now add gram flour to this mixture till it becomes thick. (soft dough not very hard)
- We should make loaf of this soft dough and steam it in a pressure cooker for 10 – 15 min.
- After steaming slice the loaf in equal portions. (not very thick/not very thin)
- Heat oil (shallow fry) in a griddle (tawa) and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney.
To make a tomato rose, remove the skin in one continuous strip about 1 cm/1/2 inch wide. With the flesh side inside, curl it from the base end, forming a flower shape.
[ad#Google Adsense 300×250]