We mostly have some food left over in our fridge – rice, chapati, vegetables and so on. We are not sure of what to do with that.
This recipe is made from left over rice but, is very delicious and easy to make.
- 1 big bowl of cooked rice
- ½ or ¼ bowl of peeled and marinated prawns
- 2 Spring onions chopped – keep the bulb and greens separate
- A handful of Veggies – coloured capsicums, baby corns or mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tspn flat mix masala or chili powder
- 2 tspn garlic paste
- ¼ tspn turmeric (halad)
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Take peeled prawns in a big marinating dish add some salt, 1 tspn garlic paste, ¼ tspn turmeric and some chopped coriander. Keep this in the refrigerator for ½ an hour.
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- When it is medium hot add the spring onions (only the bulb) and then garlic paste. Keep stirring to avoid burning.
- Saute the veggies and prawns; add chili powder and allow it to cook.
- Once the prawns start turning orange in colour, it means they are cooked,
- Add the rice, salt and spring onions greens and stir well.
- Cover the pan and switch the flame off.
- Ready to eat 😀