- Rice flour (tandool pithi) – 1 kg
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) – 1 bowl
- Sesame seeds (teel) – 3-4 tbsp
- Turmeric (haldi) – 1 tspn
- Coriander seeds powder ( dhane powder) – 3 tspn full
- Chilli powder (tikhat) – as per your taste
- Salt (meeth/namak) – as per your taste
- Cumin seeds (jeera) – 2-3 tbsp
- Take all the ingredients except oil in a big flat bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients properly with the help of a spatula.
- Now adding a small amount of water at a time start kneading it. Knead it into a medium soft dough.
- Make small balls of equal size and using a rolling pin roll them into small circles.
- On the other side keep a big griddle on high flame with oil in it.
- When the oil is hot fry these puries till they turn golden and crisp.
- You can apply oil to your hands as well as to the rolling pin while rolling them to avoid sticking.
- There are some machines available in the market to make puri, you can definitely try those. That will make your job easy and you can see the end result. 😉
- After cooling store them in air tight containers.
- HAPPY DIWALI !!!